What types of checks can I deposit? Can I deposit personal checks?
Last updated: August 23, 2022
You can deposit personal, business, and government checks that:
- Are from a Financial Institution in the U.S.
- Are payable in US Dollars, not foreign currency
- Are dated less than 6 months old
- Are the original and not digital copies or reproductions
- Have not been deposited before
- Are not money orders, traveler’s cheques, savings bonds, non-negotiable instruments, such as promissory notes, or starter or counter checks
- Otherwise meet the eligibility requirements set out in the Spruce Online and Mobile Services Agreement
Additional information on check deposit eligibility criteria may be found in Section 3.7 of the Spruce Online and Mobile Services Agreement.
Was this answer helpful?
Do you still have a question? Give us a call at 1-855-977-7823 or sign in to your account to chat.