Need cash? No problem.
Get access to thousands of fee-free ATMs near you to withdraw money on the go.
Spruce fintech platform is built by H&R Block, which is not a bank. Spruce℠ Spending and Savings Accounts established at, and debit card issued by, Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard®. Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Apple and the Apple Logo are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Message and data rates may apply.
- Spruce Rewards are powered by Dosh. Cash back offers and amounts may vary by user, merchant location and offer period. Check the Spruce app for offer availability. Cash back earned by qualifying purchases will be deposited in your Spruce Savings Account. See Spruce Rewards powered by Dosh Terms for details.
- Early access depends on when payment is submitted. Funds are generally made available when payment instruction is received, which may be earlier than scheduled payment date. Requires $200 in direct deposits over prior 35-day period, not including tax refunds.
- Other fees apply for certain uses of your Spruce debit card and Accounts. See www.SpruceMoney.com/fees/ for details.
- No fee to withdraw money at Allpoint® ATMs. $3 fee at other ATMs, plus any ATM operator fee.
- Credit score is FICO® Score 8 based on Experian data. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO Score than FICO Score 8, or another type of credit score altogether. FICO® is a trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation. This is a separate service from your Spruce bank accounts, provided by Pathward, N.A.
- Courtesy Coverage is only available for purchase transactions, ATM withdrawals, and over-the-counter withdrawals using your Spruce debit card. It is not an extension of credit; it is a courtesy exercised at our discretion. To be eligible, you must receive $200 in qualifying deposits over the relevant 35-day time period and opt in. Negative balances are limited to $20 and must be repaid within 30 days. See Spending Account Agreement for details.
- Does not change IRS refund processing speed. Claim is based on making federal refunds available when payment instruction is received, which may be earlier than scheduled payment date. Depends on timing of the IRS’s payment file. Available only for federal refunds. May be changed or discontinued at any time.
- Under Mastercard’s Zero Liability Policy, your liability for unauthorized transactions using your Card is $0 if you notify us promptly upon becoming aware of the loss or theft, and you exercise reasonable care in safeguarding your Card from loss, theft, or unauthorized use. These provisions limiting your liability do not apply to debit transactions not processed by Mastercard. Please see Spruce Spending Account Agreement the for additional terms and restrictions that may apply.
- The speed at which the IRS will process your refund will not change. The “5 days early” claim is limited to Federal refunds and is based on a comparison of the Spruce policy of making federal refunds available upon receipt of payment instruction versus the typical banking practice of making funds available at settlement. This early access requires deposit of your federal refund into your Spruce Spending Account and depends on the timing of the IRS’s submission of the payment. Not available for state refunds. This program may be changed or discontinued at any time.
- Offer from H&R Block. Requires 1) opening of new Spruce Accounts between 1/1/23 and 6/30/23; and 2) $200 in qualifying direct deposits within 45 days of opening. Qualifying direct deposits are ACH credits, including direct deposits (but not tax refunds). Deposits that do not qualify are mobile check deposits, internal transfers, transfers within Spruce from external accounts, or cash transfers. $50 will be deposited within 14 business days after completing all requirements. Spruce Accounts may not be closed or restricted at payout. You are responsible for tax treatment of funds. Limit one per customer. May be modified or discontinued at any time.
- This is a separate and optional service provided by Atomic (not Pathward, which provides your Spruce Spending and Savings accounts).