Spruce brings a new look to local H&R Block offices
October 31, 2022 • Spruce
H&R Block is showing up in exciting new ways in communities across the country
Many people will be sporting new looks for Halloween, but some H&R Block offices are dressed up for a different reason. Roughly 50 tax offices across the country have been temporarily wrapped with information about a new mobile banking app, Spruce.
Spruce℠ is a financial technology platform built by H&R Block, which is not a bank. Banking products provided by Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC.
The new look features a quick overview of the product for anyone who has ever wondered “what exactly is Spruce?” Beyond this catchy new office design, Spruce is truly rooted in financial equity, driving towards the goal of helping people be good with money. A Midwest based mom of three, Liz Rotz, has been using Spruce as a valuable tool for money management. From cash-back rewards and credit score monitoring to saving for trips and large purchases, Liz has expressed many benefits from using Spruce as a tool in her family’s financial toolbox.
Ways you can benefit from using Spruce:
• Set saving goals
• Earn cash back on everyday purchases1 at select retailers
• No monthly fees or sign up fees2
• Get paid up to 2 days early3
• Free credit score4
• Courtesy overdraft coverage up to $205
Click here to learn more and sign up.
Spruce℠ Spending and Savings Accounts are established at, and the Spruce debit card is issued by, Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard® and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
- Spruce Rewards are powered by Dosh. Cash back offers and amounts may vary by user, merchant location and offer period. Check the Spruce app for offer availability. Cash back earned by qualifying purchases will be deposited in your Spruce Savings Account. See Spruce Rewards powered by Dosh Terms for details.
- Other fees apply for certain uses of your Spruce debit card and Accounts. See www.SpruceMoney.com/fees/ for details.
- Early access to funds depends on the timing of the payer’s submission of the payment. These funds are generally made available to you the day the payment instruction is received, which may be up to 2 days earlier than the payer’s scheduled payment date. To be eligible, you must receive $200 in direct deposits over the relevant 35-day period, not including tax refunds.
- Credit score is FICO® Score 8 based on Experian data. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO Score than FICO Score 8, or another type of credit score altogether. FICO® is a trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation. This is a separate service from your Spruce bank accounts, provided by Pathward, N.A. This product does not report to credit reporting agencies.
- Courtesy Coverage is only available for purchase transactions, ATM withdrawals, and over-the-counter withdrawals using your Spruce debit card. It is not an extension of credit; it is a courtesy exercised at our discretion. To be eligible, you must receive $200 in qualifying deposits over the relevant 35-day time period and opt in. Negative balances are limited to $20 and must be repaid within 30 days. See Spending Account Agreement for details.