Spruce’s ‘Get Spruced’ Sweepstakes
May 06, 2022 • Spruce
Get Spruced and enter for a chance to win $1,000!
Over the next four weeks, we will be selecting four lucky winners and dropping $1,000 into their Spruce accounts.
Interested? All you have to do is …
2. Follow @sprucemoney_ on Instagram
3. Answer the question in our Set it Up Sunday Instagram story.
Sweepstakes entry dates and winner notification
There are four periods in which you can enter! We’ll notify one winner at the end of each time period.
- June 5 to June 9. Winners notified on June 10.
- June 12 to June 16. Winners notified on June 17.
- June 19 to June 23. Winners notified on June 24.
- June 26 to June 30. Winners notified on July 1.
No purchase necessary. The #GetSpruced Sweepstakes ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT 6/30/2022. U.S. only. Legal age of majority in state of residence. Review the official rules below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED. STANDARD DATA AND INTERNET ACCESS RATES MAY APPLY. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM.
Set forth below are the rules for Spruce’s “Get Spruced’ Sweepstakes. This document sets forth the entry requirements, the judging criteria, ownership of entries and other important rules governing the Sweepstakes (collectively, these “Official Rules”
(1) ELIGIBILITY: The ‘Get Spruced’ Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is offered only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are the legal age of majority or older in their state of residence (age 21 in MS; age 19 in AL/NE and age 18 in all other states/D.C.). Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors, and their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, parents and children, including foster and step-relations and their respective spouses) and household members (whether or not related) of HRB Digital, LLC (“Sponsor”), Carmichael Lynch (“Administrator”), their respective owners, parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, and any companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities“) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a Prize. By participating, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
(2) SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes starts at 9:00:00 a.m. Central Time (CT) on 6/5/22 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on 6/30/22 (“Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, there will be four (4) entry periods (individually an “Entry Period”, collectively, the “Entry Periods”), as further described in the chart below. All non-winning eligible entries will roll over into subsequent Entry Period drawings, if any. The clock on Administrator’s server shall be the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
|Entry Period||Entry Period Start Date/Time||Entry Period Close Date/Time||Winner Selection Date||Winner Notification Date|
|1||6/5/22 12:00pm||6/9/22 12:00am||6/10/22 9:00am||6/10/22 10:00am|
|2||6/12/22 12:00pm||6/16/22 12:00am||6/17/22 9:00am||6/17/22 10:00am|
|3||6/19/22 12:00pm||6/23/22 12:00am||6/24/22 9:00am||6/24/22 10:00am|
|4||6/26/22 12:00pm||6/30/22 12:00am||7/1/22 9:00am||7/1/22 10:00am|
(3) HOW TO ENTER: There is a Social Media Entry mechanism and an Email Entry mechanism. You may enter through either entry mechanism. However, there is a limit of two (2) unique entries per person, per email address and/or social media account, regardless of method of entry during the Sweepstakes Period.
Important: If the entrant is participating in this Sweepstakes via a mobile device, data rates may apply. The entrant should consult his/her wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. Participation may not be available on all mobile devices, as not all mobile devices or cellular telephone providers have the capabilities or carry the service necessary to participate in this method of entry.
Each entry must meet the following “Entry Requirements” (any entry that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
- Entry must NOT contain any material that infringes or violates any right of a third party, including copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights,
- Entry must NOT contain subject matter which is, or could be considered, in the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), defamatory, libelous, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., illegal gambling, underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, hateful, degrading, harassing, or otherwise unlawful, tortious or objectionable;
- Entrant must be the rightful owner of the entry submitted and/or must have the rights, title and interest necessary to utilize the entry for the Sweepstakes in compliance with these Official Rules;
- Entrant agrees Sponsor shall own the entry submitted (including the copyright thereto and all rights embodied therein) and that it and its designees may exploit, edit, modify, and distribute the entry and all elements of such entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party;
- Entry must NOT contain any content that promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- Entry must NOT communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- Entry must NOT violate any law;
- Entry must NOT contain any derogatory references to any of the Sweepstakes Entities.
2) Email Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, phone number, and date of birth for one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All email entries must comply with the Entry Requirements and must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Limit two (2) unique entries per person, per email address and/or social media account, regardless of method of entry. Each entry must be entirely different and unique (in Sponsor’s sole determination) and cannot be submitted more than once. You may enter the Sweepstakes under one name/social media account/email address only. In the event of a dispute about entries submitted by multiple individuals using the same email account/address or social media account, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account-holder of the email or social media account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry. The authorized account-holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address or social media account by an internet access provider, online service provider, social media provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address or social media account. Multiple entries per person/email address/wireless telephone number in excess of the entry limit, or any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) are prohibited and will void all entries by that entrant
(4) SELECTION OF WINNERS/ODDS: One (1) potential winner will be selected by the Administrator or its designee at the end of each Entry Period, according to the dates listed in Section 2. The Administrator will select a potential winner at random from the eligible entries received prior to the end of the corresponding Entry Period. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The decision of the winners is final and binding and not open to dispute of any kind. Administrator will notify the potential winners via social comment on entry post, a direct message from Administrator, and/or email (each such communication, a “Notice”). Potential winners must respond to Administrator as directed in the Notice within forty-eight (48) hours. Within forty-eight (48) hours after that, Administrator will provide entrant with directions as to how to complete the Prize claim process, including providing the following information: full name, mailing address, date of birth and email address. A potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules and may be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability/Publicity Release, and/or a Prize Acceptance Agreement (collectively, the “Documentation”).
If a potential winner does not respond to Administrator’s notification and provide the information as directed above within 48 hours or email is undeliverable to the provided address, then a potential winner’s entry will be disqualified. Administrator’s determination of ineligibility or noncompliance with these Official Rules will result in disqualification of the entry. If a potential winner’s entry is disqualified for any reason, the Prize will be forfeited and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from the remaining eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes or any part of this Sweepstakes for any reason.
(5) PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
a. Four (4) Prizes (one (1) per Entry Period): Each prize consists of $1,000 USD (a “Prize”), deposited in either the winner’s Spruce savings accounts or sent to winner by check. The Approximate Retail Value (the “ARV”) of each Prize is $1,000.
b. No transfer, assignment or substitution of Prize (in whole or in part) is allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar Prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of each winner, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. If the ARV of the Prize is greater than $600, each Winner will receive a 1099 tax form in connection with the Sweepstakes. In no event will more than the stated number of Prizes be awarded in this Sweepstakes
(6) HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: All Prize claims are subject to verification by Administrator. Regardless of whether or not you receive a potential winner message, you are not a winner until your entry and eligibility have been verified, and you have complied with these Official Rules. Prizes will be delivered to each confirmed winner approximately 6-8 weeks after verification, to the addresses provided by the winners. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept the Prize, cannot be contacted within two (2) attempts, or in the event the Prize confirmation or Prize is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited, and may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be awarded to an alternate potential winner selected by random drawing from the remaining eligible entries received.
(7) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, returned, or undeliverable entries, texts, email; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; or garbled, corrupt, or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website use, net accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing, typographical or other error, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to any website(s). Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any injury, including death, disability or other damage, whether personal or property, to entrants or to any person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, including the selection of Prize winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. If because of technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors or for any other reason, there are more claims for a Prize than Prizes offered as stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held among all eligible claimants in such category to award such Prize.
(8) GENERAL: If it is suspected by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion that an entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple email accounts, telephone numbers or multiple identities, all of the entrant’s entries will be declared null and void and any Prize an entrant might have been entitled to will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, non-‐human mechanism, and third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other Sweepstakes media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable.
(12) PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, each winner grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) to Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designees, affiliates, and successors, the perpetual right to use, transmit, distribute, and display his/her name, biographical information, entry and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including but not limited to live television, the World Wide Web and Internet, print media, worldwide, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter entrant’s entry for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein.
(13) WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of Prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by 6/30 to: Spruce’s ‘Get Spruced’ Sweepstakes Winners, Carmichael Lynch, Inc. 110 Nth 5th St., 10th Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55403
SPONSOR: HRB Digital, LLC, One H and R Block Way, Kansas City, MO 64105
ADMINISTRATOR: Carmichael Lynch, Inc. 110 Nth 5th St., 10th Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55403
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram. The use of any Prize manufacturer, name, personality, team name or trademark in connection with any of the Prizes is solely for the purpose of describing such Prize, and is not intended to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship. Spruce is a financial technology platform built by H&R Block, which is not a bank. Banking services provided by Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC. Pathward does not sponsor the Sweepstakes and is the issuer of the account only.